Business on the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) has returned to a positive trajectory following gains recorded by blue chip companies.
Nairametrics checks showed gains in shares of Telecom Gaint, MTN Nigeria and other blue chip stocks pushed the market capitalization up to gain N364 billion or 1.35%, reversing trend days bearish.
As a result, the stock market closed on a positive note amid buying interest, with bulls dominating discussions on the trading floor.
The All-share Index (ASI) appreciated by 1.35% to close at 50,626.04 index points against 49,950.32 index points the previous day. In the same spirit, the overall market capitalization increased by 364 billion naira or 1.35% to close at 27.3 trillion naira against 26.936 billion naira the previous day.
The breadth of the market closed positive with 19 winners against just nine losers, with MC Nichols Plc leading the losers with 9.76% while Honeywell Flour Mills Plc led the winners with 9.66%.
The news continues after this announcement
- NGX UPS: 50,626.04 points
- Previous UPS: 49,950.32 points
- % day change: 1.35%
- %YtD: 18.52%
- Market capitalization (N): 27,300 billion
- Volume: 129.166
- Offers: 4,706
NGX Top ASI Winners
- Honeywell up +9.66% to close at N2.27
- Jaiz up +9.46% to close at N0.81
- Caverton +8.18% to close at N1.19
- Japual Gold +8.00 to close at N0.27
- Mansard +7.56 to close at N1.85
NGX Top Losers ASI
- MC Nicols down -9.76% to close at N0.74
- Wapic down – 9.76% to close at N0.37
- Chams down -8.00% to close at N0.23
- NGX down – 2.73% to close at N21.35
- UBA down – 2.08% to close at N7.05