The City of El Paso invites the community to spend the day enjoying the WinterFest season by shopping and eating at local downtown stores, and enjoying free festive and family activities and events.
The City’s Quality of Life Services continue to offer the following events throughout the month of December:
Parks and recreation
- Christmas and New Year: Live music and free entertainment at San Jacinto Plaza
o Every Friday to Sunday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Free photos with Santa Claus – 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- End of year food festival: Local food trucks, vendors, free live music and entertainment at San Jacinto Plaza.
o December 23, 30 and 31 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
El Paso Zoo
- Santa at the Zoo: Santa brings snow to the El Paso Zoo and treats for the zoo animals
o Cost: General admission to the zoo
o December 11 and 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
El Paso Public Library
- The Grinch of Dr. Seuss: The Grinch visits during story time
o December 14, at 4:30 p.m., Judge Marquez Library
o December 15, at 4.30 p.m., Dorris Van Doren Library
o December 17, at 4:30 p.m., Richard Burges Library
El Paso History Museum
- Merienda Talks: Holidays on the Border – Winterfest Holiday Edition by Merienda Talks
o December 16 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Family day: winter vacation – Celebrate and discover the winter holidays in our region
o December 18 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
El Paso Art Museum
- Bucket Hat Painting Workshop: Design and comb your own bob inspired by designer Todd Oldham’s colorful and eclectic aesthetic.
o Cost: $30
o December 11 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Scarf Print Patterns: Create your own scarf and pattern inspired by Missoni’s knitting sets
o Cost: $30
o December 18 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information on Winterfest, click here | For our full coverage, click here